Post 1 – What am I doing now?
So my shopping habbits currently include:
- Amazon (books and presents)
- Supermarkets (food and general domestic consumables)
- High street clothes shops (when I get the chance)
- Petrol (mainly from supermarkets)
- DIY (large multinational stores)
Reasons why I shop as I do:
- Convenience (likely to have what I am looking for)
- Price (often based on comparison)
- Speed (out of town parking, home delivery)
My current methods of shopping:
- Food and domestic consumeables – monthly trip to the supermarket or home delivery, topped up by the local Co-op
- Presents – often last minute and online for quick delivery
- Clothes and DIY – when required and a trip to out of town shops (because they are open late)
Not a surprising set of answers and probably what you will hear from many people, but it is these habits that I want to challenge and explore in my own shopping. I can’t claim that I will be completly virtuous but I am going to give it a pretty good try.